Facebook All-in-One DMS
With this section, you will be able to place the following types of content on your site:
- Enables Facebook Page owners to attract and gain Likes from their own website. The Like Box enables users to:
- See how many users already like this Page, and which of their friends like it too
- Read recent posts from the Page
- Like the Page with one click, without needing to visit the Page
- Lets a user share your content with friends on Facebook. When the user clicks the Like button on your site, a story appears in the user’s friends’ News Feed with a link back to your website.
- A Send button is also included, but it can be disabled if you choose
- Enables user commenting on your site using their Facebook profile.
Go to the App Dashboard, click the ‘Create New App’ button, and enter your app name and a namespace.
Once you have entered the initial information you will land on the Basic Settings page.
- Basic Info:
- Your app display name. This is how you want your app to be displayed. I recommend using your website URL. This way, when someone shares one of your links on Facebook, the news story will say “John Doe shared an article on [app display name].” So it makes sense to use your website URL.
- Your app namespace. This should be unique to your app and will be used to manage your objects and actions.
- App Domain. Enter URL of your website.
- Select how your app integrates with Facebook:
- Select the ‘Website with Facebook Login’ choice
- Again, enter your Site URL.
- Click “Save Changes”
You will now see your App ID at the top of the screen. Copy & Paste this into your DMS settings
To view the entire tutorial provided by Facebook, check out the Facebook Developer Tutorial